EMBRACEMENT OF THE PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT (PRI)Embracement of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Eurizon has embraced the Principles for Responsible Investment born from the partnership between the UN’s Environmental Programme (UNEP-FI) and the Global Compact. Eurizon contributed directly to drawing up these principles by taking part in the working groups ever since their inception 2005.
The embracement of PRI is a further natural step in a process which began in 1996, when Eurizon was the first Italian asset management firm to establish ethical funds, adopting clear and articulated asset selection criteria, a Sustainability Committee, and revenue devolvement.
The six principles adopted are:
|1) Integration of environmental, social and governance factors in analysing investments and in the decision-making process
2) Integration of environmental, social and governance factors in the active shareholding policy
3) The companies invested in are requested to proceed to appropriate disclosure of news pertaining to environmental, social and governance factors
4) Promotion, embracement and implementation of the Principles in the community of investors
5) Collaboration with the financial community in gaining efficiency in implementing the Principles
6) Disclosure to the public of reports on the AM company’s activities and on the progress made in applying the Principles